I can’t believe June is already coming to a close! The summer is flying by quickly, and my kids are getting really excited to celebrate 4th of July this year. In case you missed it last week, here’s an extensive list of fireworks in the KC area this year.
If evening fireworks aren’t in the cards for your family this year, there are also a number of fun activities to celebrate America’s birthday! Check out one of these ideas below:
- Have fun at one of KC’s many Outdoor Pools
- Enjoy Independence Day with the Kansas City Zoo’s Enrichment Extravaganza, July 3-5, where animals will get special enrichment items to play with while zoo keepers give special chats. Watch hippos, elephants, polar bears, gorillas, rhinos, camels and more celebrate 4th of July! Check out the Zoo Calendar each day for a listing of special events. Also, all active and retired military personnel with valid ID will receive FREE Zoo admission. Families of active and retired military individuals will receive $1 off regular Kansas City Zoo admission on July 4-5.
- 4th of July at the Farmstead – Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, Overland Park, KS – activities from 9am to noon including bike parade, pig calling, and more for your little ones
- Community Days Parade, Lenexa, KS – July 4th, beginning at 10am
- Missouri Town 1855 Independence Day – July 4th, 9am to 4:30pm – Experience Independence Day from the 1850s with food, music, speeches and a parade
- Fort Osage – Sibley, MO – July 4th, 9am to 4:30pm – 1812-style Independence Day celebration with cannon and musket fire and other activities
Whether with Fireworks, a day at the pool, or a relaxing backyard BBQ, happy Independence Day from all of us at KC Kids Fun. Have a fun, safe day with your family!
Image courtesy of fanpop.com