As promised, KC Kids Fun has more kid-friendly Halloween ideas, including several safe trick-or-treat options throughout Halloween weekend. Many of these activities begin during the day, so your kids with early bedtimes can enjoy as well! Be sure to check out our Events Calendar for a much longer listing of Halloween activities in and around KC. And have a safe and fun Halloween with your family!
Friday, October 28, 2016
- Night of the Living Farm: Every October they transform Deanna Rose Farmstead into a fun-filled, yet eerily spooky place. The 20th annual Night of the Living Farm takes place after dark with lanterns and jack O’ lanterns lighting the way. This event features scary and non-scary activities for all! 6-9pm at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, 13800 Switzer Road, Overland Park, KS 66221; $10 General Admission, $1 off for Friends of the Farmstead Members, Under age 2 – Free; Oct. 28 & 29
- Garrison Ghoul House: Come enjoy a Halloween themed scream house guaranteed to send chills down your spine and raise the hair on your head. Participants receive a scare and a popcorn bag! $1/person, 5:30-8:30pm on Thursday, Oct. 27 & Friday, Oct. 28 at Garrison Community Center, 1124 E. 5th St., Kansas City, MO 64106
- Fall Festival at Gregg/Klice Community Center: This free admission event is open to families to celebrate the fall season and Halloween. There will be art & crafts, games, entertainment, face painting and goodie bags. 5-8pm at Gregg/Klice Community Center, 1600 John “Buck” O’Neil Way, Kansas City, MO 64108
- 8th Annual Trunk or Treat at BMO Harris Bank: This fun and safe trick-or-treating alternative is in the parking lot of the bank, and features trucks sponsored by more than 40 local Shawnee businesses and restaurants. Shawnee Police and Fire Departments will have safety lessons, and families are encouraged to bring canned goods to benefit the Harvesters Food Network.
This free event is for all ages; 4-6pm at BMO Harris Bank , 7225 Renner Road, Shawnee, KS.
- Trunk n Treat at the Platte County South YMCA: Trunk or treating, crafts, games, a live DJ and more will make this a haunted good time with your family in a safe environment. This free event is open to the community, 6-8pm at Platte County South YMCA, 8875 Clark Avenue, Parkville, MO 64152. To register and for more information, visit or call the YMCA at 816.505.2622.
Saturday, October 29, 2016
- Science City Spookfest: Experience spooky science, maker magic, creepy critters, eerie edibles and much more at Science City’s Spookfest, 5-8pm at Union Station. It’s a Halloween HotSpot!
- Boo-tastic Fun at Crown Center: Have your photo taken with the Wicked Queen from noon-4pm on Saturday & Sunday, October 29 & 30, and enjoy StoneLion Puppet Theatre’s presentations at noon & 2pm both days.
- Brick or Treat at LegoLand: Build your own pumpkin out of LEGO® brick, search for all kinds of monsters in MINILAND, get fang-tastic prizes, learn to build your own Great Pumpkin, get an exclusive Halloween factory brick, and much more in preparation for Halloween. Oct. 29&30; Wear your Halloween costume to receive $3 off full price, walk-up admission only.
- Sea Life Halloween: Visit Sea Life and watch the spooky spectacle of underwater pumpkin carving, vote for your favorite underwater masterpiece, enjoy face painting and more as Sea Life kicks off Halloween Oct. 29&30. Be sure to wear your favorite costume!
- Boo at the Zoo: Trick-or-treat the Zoo while enjoying Halloween themed activities and entertainment. Put on your favorite costume and join the Zoo animals for a trumpeting great day of not so spooky activities, Oct. 29 & 30, 9:30am-5pm.
- Kid Safe Halloween at Shoal Creek: Trick or treat throughout Shoal Creek village! Wear your favorite costume and bring your treat bag. For infants through elementary school age; free admission; 11am-3pm at Shoal Creek (located in Hodge Park), 7000 NE Barry Road, KCMO 64156
- Trick-or-Treat OFF the Street: Dress in your Halloween costume and visit Mahaffie Farmstead to experience 1860s fall living history activities. Admission includes a horse drawn hay wagon ride, games, crafts, and candy stations sponsored by local businesses. Please park in the parking lot near the Mahaffie House for this event. Admission is $3/person ages 3 & up and includes all activities! 4pm at Mahaffie Farmstead, 1200 E. Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS 66061
- The Great Pumpkin Fest at Worlds of Fun: Celebrate the 50th anniversary of It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown with tons of not-so-scary activities in Planet Snoopy at Worlds of Fun. Kids are encouraged to wear their costumes for Tricks & Treats with the Peanuts gang and Lucy’s Costume Contest. There’s also the hay bale maze, Linus’ Great Pumpkin Patch, Sally’s Creepy Crafts, and Spooky Tales with Snoopy for added fun. Runs through October, 11am-5pm each Saturday and Sunday.
- Historical Hauntings at Old Shawnee Town: Enjoy trick-or-treating, tractor drawn hayrides, Farmstead tours, an eyeball candy counting contest, opportunities for Halloween photos and costume contests with five separate categories and awesome prizes! 6-8:30pm at Shawnee Town, 11501 W. 57th Street, three blocks west of Nieman Road. All activities are free with a $1 suggested donation to benefit Shawnee Town 1929; open to the public.
- Trick or Treat Downtown Parkville: All ghosts, witches, goblins and ghouls are invited to Historic Downtown Parkville for safe and fun Halloween trick or treating at participating shops and businesses. This all-day event runs throughout normal business hours.
- Prowl-O-Ween at Big Cedar Cove Feline Sanctuary: See the big cats, brave Cedar Cove’s haunted houses, and get treats with your little ghosts and ghouls! Oct. 29 & 30 at Cedar Cove Feline Sanctuary, 3783 K-68 Highway, Louisburg; $8/person
Sunday, October 30, 2016
- Pumpkin Express Train: Last chance of the season to get your pumpkin on this wonderful train ride! Enjoy a railroad ride to the pumpkin patch on the Belton, Grandview & Kansas City Railroad. Train time is 2pm
- Check October 29 listings (above) for more fun Halloween activities today!
Monday, October 31, 2016
- Town Center After-School Spooktacular: Kids are invited to show-off their most creative, spookiest and spectacular costumes at Town Center Plaza and Town Center Crossing. Trick or treat at stores from 3-5pm. The first 250 guests to stop by Guest Services will receive a special trick-or-treat pumpkin swag bag, and the Leawood Fire Department will provide giveaways for children and a fire truck will be on display for kids to explore. Free and open to the public at Town Center Plaza , 5000 W. 119 St., Leawood, KS.
- Zona Rosa Trick-or-Treat: Kansas City’s largest safe Trick-or-Treat event is for families to enjoy Halloween in a safe and festive environment. This free event has tons of great activities to enjoy! 5-9pm at Zona Rosa, North of the Town Square on N. Stoddard Ave., 8721 N. Stoddard Ave., KCMO 64153
- Spooktacular Trick-or-Treating: Trick or Treat with the Summit Fair merchants from 4-6pm. Look for the pumpkin sign on the door! Summit Fair Shopping Center, 840 NW Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit, MO.
- Brookside Trick or Treat Street: Trick or Treat at Brookside’s annual Trick or Treat Street! Free and open to the public, 4-6pm at Brookside Shopping District, 63rd & Wornall, KCMO.
Know of any other great, safe trick or treating events in the KC Metro area? Be sure to mention them in the comments below!