Winter break has officially started, and if you’re anything like our family, you find yourselves driving around looking at light displays in the evenings! We’ve rounded up a list of some neighborhoods that are well-known. Feel free to add to the list in the “Comments” section! Happy Driving!
Kansas City-Area Christmas Light Displays
- Country Club Plaza, KCMO
- Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center, KCMO
- Mormon Visitors Center, Independence, MO
- Christmas Card Lane (through Jan. 1, 2015) north of 151st around Ridgeview and Frontier (Mission Ridge subdivision) in Olathe, KS.
- Christmas in the Park (through Dec. 31, 2014. Sun-Thur 5:30-10pm, Fri-Sat 5:30-11pm) at Longview Lake Campground on Raytown Rd. in Lee’s Summit, MO. Over 300,000 lights!!!
- Northern Lights at Zona Rosa (runs throughout the season) at I-29 & Barry Rd. in Kansas City.
- Legends Outlets features a light show, synchronized to concert-quality holiday music. Located at I-70 and I-435 in Kansas City, Kansas. Through Jan. 2, 2015, every 15 minutes between 5-10pm.
- Downtown Overland Park, Briarcliff Village (KCMO), Brookside and Downtown Lee’s Summit have light displays.
- “Christmas Place” in the Terrace Place subdivision, 132nd and Antioch, south Overland Park, KS.
- Chicago Street Lights, Blue Springs, MO at Hwy 7 and Walnut. Animated story of Christmas in lights.
- Paulie’s Penguin Playground–Olathe, KS at Indian Creek Parkway and Mur-Len. This is a sight to see–more blow-up decorations than you ever knew existed!
- The Deanna Rose Farmstead Light Show- 137th and Switzer, Overland Park, KS. Nightly through Jan. 3, 2015, 5-10pm. The 38-minute show is synchronized with music. Tune into 98.5 FM to hear holiday music.
- Vince & Associates – 103rd & Metcalf, Overland Park – huge display, coordinated with music! Park at Emmanuel Baptist Church across the street for the best views.
- Downtown Kansas City – don’t miss the amazing computer-generated facade of the Downtown Marriott hotel!
- Candy Cane Lane, 79th & Outlook, Prairie Village, KS
- Hale Christmas House, 3719 NE 34th Terrace, KCMO
- Kryger family, (as in Kryger Glass) 13201 Granada, in Leawood.
For a great list of Johnson County, KS residential displays, don’t miss Keith’s list at KansasTravel.org (and convenient driving maps) which even includes some photos!
*image via CrownCenter.com