Brought to you by:
Everywhere we look there are new sports camps popping up in the Kansas City metro area. We won’t even begin to scratch the surface with this 2015 Kansas City Sports Camps list, I fear – but we’ll give a go! The obvious place to start is with your local parks and recreation department. Click here for some easy links to parks and rec websites.
- Integrity Gymnastics (Overland Park, KS): Check out the metro’s newest, largest gymnastics training facility! We offer team and recreational gymnastics for ALL ages and the older gymnasts are sure to love the new state of the art flooring systems!
We have also have fun dance classes for kids and adults, from traditional dance classes to Hip Hop for adults- we are sure to have something for everyone within our new, contemporary dance studio located within the gymnastics building.
SUMMER CAMP 2015: Weekly themed camps are offered for ages 3+. Come from 9am-noon, 1-4pm or all day long! Themes include American Girl camp, LEGO camp and Frozen camp. *Enroll by May 15 and mention PROMO CODE “KC KIDS” for Buy one, Get one 1/2 off Camps!
913.766.8918 / 7373 W 107th ST Overland Park, KS 66212, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academy of Riding Starlight Stables (Liberty, MO) offers summer day camps in June for all levels of experience with lessons in riding, saddling and bridling, stable maintenance, breeds/colors, equine anatomy and safety. Ages 8-18 will enjoy all of this plus water fun, crafts, games and snacks!
- AKKA – Karate USA (Kansas City, MO/Independence, MO/Gladstone, MO/Overland Park, KS/Olathe, KS) offers a variety of summer camps at their locations. And it’s not just karate! These camps include many traditional day camp activities like swimming, crafts, field trips, etc.
- All American Cheer & Stunt (south Kansas City, MO) will be hosting summer fun and cheer classes for all ages at their facility at 143rd and State Line. Call them for details.
- AmeriKick Martial Arts offers a fun and exciting summer camp for kids ages 6-13. Students will not only learn karate, but will also go swimming, take field trips, do crafts, and participate in a variety of other fun activities. No martial arts experience is necessary! Contact Robert Baum at 913-438-5425 or at email@example.com for more information.
- Barstow School Summer Camps (south Kansas City, MO) has a great variety of camps for all ages – baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, football, fencing, golf, gymnastics, rock-climbing and horsemanship.
- Bill Waris Blue Jays Basketball Camp (O’Hara High School) 1st-8th grades welcome, 816-536-9895
- Bishop Ward High School sports camps (KCK/Wyandotte County) for boys and girls in grades 3 to 9. Choose from baseball, basketball, football, volleyball and more. Check the site in May.
- Blue Valley Recreation (south Johnson County, KS) hosts many different camps all summer long for various age groups and sports. Check their online catalog for details.
- Blue Valley Soccer Club (south Johnson County, KS) will host recreation-level and premier-level soccer camps – for ages 5 through high school.
- Camp WIN (Kansas City, MO) put on by KC Sports Commission, whose mission is to empower girls and women through sports. They are holding their camp at 2 locations during 2 separate weeks this summer. 1) 6/8/15 – 6/11/15 (9am-4pm): WIN for KC Camp WIN Session 1 at Avila University, and 2) 6/29/15 – 7/2/15 (9am-4pm): WIN for KC Camp WIN Session 2 at UMKC. Ages 6-12.
- Challenger British Soccer Camps (multiple locations across the Kansas City metro area), through city and county parks and recreation department and private soccer clubs, holds TONS of camps for kids of all ages and skill levels. The instructors are excellent young British coaches with a high level of skill and patience
- Coach Rocky Lamar’s Fundamentally Driven Basketball Camp(Olathe, KS) is one of the most well-respected camps in the metro area. The camp is held in Olathe at the Mid-America Nazarene University. Camps are offered for boys, grades 2-10 and are coached by MNU’s basketball coaches and varsity players.
- Comets Summer Soccer Camps: The emphasis for these camps is on learning the techniques of soccer and to introduce the tactical components of the game. These camps offer a challenging training environment for young soccer players to enhance their skills.
- Eagles Gymnastics and Dance Centre (south Kansas City, MO) has day camps with different themes each week. Each camp includes gymnastics and special activities related to the week’s theme. Boys and girls of all ages are welcome to get into action at Eagles!
- Emerald City Gymnastics & Adventure Center (Overland Park, KS) will host half- and full-day camps featuring gymnastics, rock wall, arts and crafts and more.
- Faulkner’s Ranch Pony Camps and Clinics (Lee’s Summit, MO) Your kids can learn what it’s like to take care of a pony at Faulkner’s Pony Camp! Kids will learn important equine skills and how to groom, feed and ride ponies during this fun week at the ranch. For children ages 5-10, with a maximum of 12 campers per session. Full day camp available 9am-3pm.
- Flip Zone (Lee’s Summit, MO) open gyms, birthdays, field trips, summer camps, swim lessons in the summer, rec classes, competitive gymnastics and cheer.
- First Tee of Greater Kansas City (many locations across the city) hosts junior golf camps at public courses to teach kids ages 5 and up golf skills and life skills. Classes and leagues are also available.
- Gamebreaker Lacrosse Camp (Kansas City, MO – Rockhurst University) will hold a week long residential or extended day camp for boys in grades 3 to 12.
- Great American Gymnastics Express (GAGE Center) – Bump City Kids Club (Blue Springs, MO) offers week-long, full-day camps all summer long for ages 4 to 12. Activities include gymnastics, rock climbing, games, sports, swimming and more.
- Harlem Globetrotters Summer Skills Clinics: Drills! Skills! Thrills! 2-hour basketball skills clinics coached by actual stars from the HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS offered at a 24 Hour Fitness ® location near you! Fun for boys and girls age 6-12, no basketball experience required.
- Heartland Fencing Academy (Lenexa, KS) will be holding introduction to fencing Spring Break and Summer camps for kids ages 7-13.
- Horsin’ Around at Midnight Farm Horsin’ Around is a horsemanship day camp for children ages 6-16 with or without special needs. Campers will learn riding skills, general horse knowledge and ground skills to help them become well-rounded riders. Camp will also include horse-themed crafts, games, pony parade and a horse show on the last day.
- i9 Sports Camps (Lenexa, KS) Multi-sport camps are designed to keep your kids safe, active, and educated in sports and life. Campers will get loads of instruction and game-play. Sports include flag football, soccer, basketball, and more!
Integrity Martial Arts Academy
(Kansas City, MO, Overland Park, KS, Grandview, MO) offers an “active” and fun-filled summer day camp that is affordable and will enhance your child’s self-esteem, discipline and character.Beginners are welcome; no experience necessary! Activities include martial arts training by certified Black Belt instructors, challenging team work exercises, confidence building activities, anti-bullying training and street safety, organized recreational games, demonstrations, movies, yoga and much more.
- Jayhawk Baseball Camp: A variety of baseball camps and clinics throughout the year. Held at the KU field and run by the KU baseball coaching staff and players.
- JT Farms Horseback Riding Lessons (Polo, MO) teaches students how to be safe around horses, handle, groom and ride them. Program is two hours, $20/rider. JT Farms has 10 acres…enjoy the peace and quiet and nature! Please call 816-935-0509.
- Johnson County Community College (Overland Park, KS) offers camps for just about every sport you can think of – as well as before- and after-camp activities.
- Johnson County Park and Recreation District offers over 30 summer camp programs for ages 3-18. Included are camps focusing on recreation, sports, water activities and hiking! Dates, locations and fees vary.
- Kansas City Athletic Cheer – KCAC (Overland Park, KS) has hosted tumbling and stunt programs year-round for all ages.
- Kansas City Fencing Center (Overland Park, KS) offers introductory, recreational and competitive fencing camps for kids ages 7 and up.
- Kansas City T-Bones Baseball Club Camp Days (Kansas City, KS) No information on their site yet about summer camps. Call or check back with their website for information.
- Kansas Gymnastics & Cheer (Olathe, KS) has hosted a full summer of Monday thru Thursday, half-day gymnastics camps (preschool and recreational) for ages 3 and up in the past. A full rotation around the gym along with arts/crafts activities and free time! Check back with their website or give them a call for details.
- Kansas Rush Soccer Club (Olathe, KS) will offer week-long soccer camps for kids ages 5 and up at Lone Elm Soccer Complex. Recreational and competitive levels.
- KC Sports Academy (various locations, Johnson County) offers boys and girls basketball skills and drills summer program for 1st-8th graders. No camp information on their website yet, check back soon!
- KC Watersports (Paola/Hillsdale, KS) offers 1 day to 5 day camps for kids, 10 and up, at the KC Watersports Cable Lake location.
- Ko Martial Arts (Overland Park, KS) -KOMA is the largest martial arts school in Johnson County and they are hosting numerous summer camps! Register at thekoma.com.
- Lone Wolf Ranch and Arena Horse Camps (near Cleveland, MO) firstname.lastname@example.org
- My Gym Children’s Fitness Center (south Overland Park, KS) during this 3-hour drop off program, kids will participate in music, dance, story-time, games, relays and MY GYM activities! For ages 2 1/2 (potty trained/pull ups) to 10 years old. Weekly themes throughout the summer!
- Northland Youth Football Camp (Liberty, MO) hosts kids K-8th grade for a four evening football camp at William Jewell College. Camp is held from 6-8pm – best for the July heat, for sure!
- Peeper Ranch (Olathe, KS) offers riding lessons throughout the year. No information on camps yet, but in the past, they have had summer camps with two lessons every day plus crafts, buggy rides and more horse-related education.
- Pembroke Hill Summer Camps (Kansas City, MO) offer a little bit of EVERYTHING including sports like basketball, mixed martial arts, climbing, soccer and volleyball.
- Pinnacle Gymnastics (Shawnee and Overland Park, KS)– Join us for our weekly themed summer camps including Disney Character camp, Princess camp, Super Hero camp, and more!
- R&R Stables (Lee’s Summit, MO) offers a host of horse riding clinics and camps. Contact them at (816) 246-4001 for more information.
- Rockhurst High School (Kansas City, MO) hosts several different sports camps this summer. These include baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer and wrestling.
- Sagasu Family Martial Arts (Leavenworth KS) Offers a variety of lessons throughout the summer. No updates on summer camps to date, check back on their website soon.
- Skore Academy, Horseback Riding Lessons and Equestrian Instruction, 183rd & Mission Rd, Stilwell, KS. A professional and progressive level-based horseback riding academy providing instruction in the basics of the American Forward Riding System. Skore Academy is for everyone – from your child’s very first riding lesson, to those who want to sharpen their skills for competition at national horse shows.
- Sports City (Blue Springs, MO) looks like it might have camps for baseball, softball, volleyball, basketball and football throughout the year. Their website was a little lacking in information about summer programs – so you may just need to give them a call!
- St. Teresa’s Academy Summer Camps (Kansas City, MO) offers basketball, volleyball, tennis, softball, dancing, lacrosse, soccer, and distance running instruction for girls in grades 4 thru 9.
- St. Thomas Aquinas Summer Camps (Overland Park, KS) has grade school camps for baseball, basketball, football and wrestling (boys) and basketball, cheerleading, softball and volleyball (girls) for grades K-8.
- Tally Ho Equestrian Centre Horse Riding Camp (Leavenworth, KS) has week-long sessions throughout the summer.
- Tamashii Black Belt Academy(Lee’s Summit, MO) offers a year-round Karate program.
- TOUR Academy Junior Summer Golf Camps at Shoal Creek Golf Club (KCMO) offers overnight, full, and half-day camps for various skill levels. Campers receive great instruction, including golf fundamentals such as full swing mechanics, putting, and chipping. TOUR Academy focuses on good sportsmanship, integrity and other skills which can be applied both on and off the course.
- YMCA (20 locations in the metro) offers camps for 5-15 year olds and run all summer long. Bonus: before and after-camp care is available, as is financial assistance.
Be sure to also check the list of General Day and Overnight Camps, as many of those will have sports-related offerings as well!