There’s nothing better than driving around with your family in a warm, cozy car to see Kansas City’s Christmas light displays during these cold winter evenings! We’ve rounded up a list of some light exhibits and neighborhoods that are well-known. Feel free to add to the list in the “Comments” section…and happy viewing!
Kansas City-Area Christmas Light Displays
- Country Club Plaza, KCMO
- Christmas Card Lane north of 151st around Ridgeview and Frontier (Mission Ridge subdivision) in Olathe, KS
- Christmas in the Park at Longview Lake Campground on Raytown Rd. in Lee’s Summit, MO. Over 300,000 lights!!!
- Lee’s Summit Magic Tree at I-470 and View High Drive (close by to Christmas in the Park!)
- Northern Lights at Zona Rosa (runs throughout the season) at I-29 & Barry Rd. in Kansas City.
- Legendary Light Show at Legends Outlet Mall: Light show is synchronized to concert-quality holiday music. Every 15 minutes between 5-10pm.
- Downtown Overland Park, The Village at Briarcliff (KCMO), Brookside and Downtown Lee’s Summit all have light displays.
- “Christmas Place” in the Terrace Place subdivision, 132nd and Antioch, south Overland Park, KS.
- Paulie’s Penguin Playground–Olathe, KS at Indian Creek Parkway and Mur-Len. This is a sight to see–more blow-up decorations than you ever knew existed!
- Holiday Lights on Farmstead Lane at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, 137th and Switzer, Overland Park, KS. Nightly through Jan. 7, 2016
- Vince & Associates – 103rd & Metcalf, Overland Park – huge display, coordinated with music! Park at Emmanuel Baptist Church across the street for the best views.
- Mormon Visitors Center, Independence, MO
- Downtown Marriott – don’t miss the amazing computer-generated facade of the Downtown Marriott hotel!
- Kryger family, (as in Kryger Glass) 13201 Granada, in Leawood
- Candy Cane Lane, 7900 block of Outlook Lane, in Prairie Village
- Musical Christmas Light House, 132nd & Roe, Overland Park
- Stagecoach Park at 1205 East Kansas City Road in Olathe features 41,000 lights! 5:30-10pm, Monday-Thursday, 5:30-11pm Friday-Sunday
For a great list of Johnson County, KS residential displays, don’t miss Keith’s list at KansasTravel.org (and convenient driving maps) which even includes some photos!
Images courtesy of Jackson County Parks & Rec’s Christmas in the Park.