It’s hard to believe, but Spring Break will be here before we know it at KC-area schools. Check out these Spring Break Camps for 2017, and stay tuned for our 2017 Summer Camps listing, coming soon!
- Blue Springs Parks & Rec offers a week packed with fun and new friendships! Activities include field trips, games, crafts, guest speakers, creative play and more. Sign up for one day or the whole week. March 13-17, 2017; registration deadline is Monday, March 6, 2017.
- Blue Valley Rec Center Spring Break Camps offer part-time camp options to pique any child’s interest! They gear Spring Break camps to keep kids active and entertained through a selection of Art, Dance, Performing Arts, Science/Tech, and Sports Camps. Activity offerings run the week of March 13-17, 2017.
- Challenger Sports Spring Break Soccer Camps has a 1-hour First Kicks (ages 3-5) and Half Day Camp for ages 6-12 through the Johnson County Parks & Rec. Each day is based around a different soccer topic as players develop skills in a fun and relaxed environment. A great way to keep kids active! March 14-16, 2017.
- Integrity Gymnastics (Overland Park) offers a ton of fun Spring Break full-day and half-day options, with different daily themes including Glow Party, Splish Splash, Deep Sea Diving, Creatures Great and Small, All About Me, and Mysterious Fun. Camp includes open gym, activities, crafts, games, prizes, and a snack. Camp runs March 10, 13-17, and 20, 2017.
- Johnson County Parks & Rec has a variety of offerings including Art, Mad Science, Language Immersion, LEGO Engineering, Nature & Science Adventures, and Video Game Design. Full day, half day, and partial day options available. To view their catalog, click here. To register, locate the code number of the camp(s) you want, and click on the green Register for Activities button, or call Johnson County Parks & Rec at 913-831-3355.
- Kansas City Parks features camps in a number of locations for Spring Break. These are week-long day camps where students will play team-building games, engage in healthy learning, work on art projects, and more! For ages 6-13; March 13-17 and March 20-24, 2017. Click here for a list of locations and dates.
- Kansas City Young Audiences has a variety of spring break camps to give your child a taste of visual and performing arts, and creative movement and play! Young actors will bring their imaginations to life through a sampling of artistic experiences and just plain fun. Half day, full day and extended day options are available for ages 5- 13; March 13-17, 2017.
- Kansas City Zoo offers a wild and wonderful variety of camps that include cool science demonstrations, hands-on activities and more! Currently, there are single day options for March 13 & 14, and Spring Break Camps March 15-17 & 22-24, 2017 for ages 5-12. Click here for more information.
- Mesner Puppet Theater Spring Break Camp offers the opportunity for kids grades 1-3 to make puppets, create beautiful art, play games, and more! Full day camp runs March 13-17, 2017.
- Starlight Theatre Spring Break Camp offers camp for children in grades 1-5, and master classes for students in grades 6-12. This full-day camp gives students a fun and interactive opportunity to discover new skills on the stage. Young artists explore acting, singing and dance. No previous performance experience is required to attend. Click here for more information or to register. March 13-17 & 20-24, 2017.
- Theatre of the Imagination makes everyone a star in a supportive and creative environment. No auditions, no experience, and parents enjoy a whimsical play at the end of the week, starring your child. Half-day, full-day and extended day options available for students in grades K-8; March 13-17, 2017.
- YMCA: Enjoy the summer camp experience a little earlier in the year with YMCA. Kids have the opportunity to try new activities, gain independence and make lasting memories in a fun and supportive environment. A wide variety of locations available. Click here for more information and locations.
Image courtesy of Mesner Puppet Theater.