Everywhere we look there are new sports camps popping up in the Kansas City metro area. We won’t even begin to scratch the surface with this 2017 Kansas City Sports Camps list, but we’ll give a go! The obvious place to start is with your local parks and recreation department. Click here for some easy links to parks and rec websites.
- Academy of Riding Starlight Stables (Liberty, MO) offers equestrian summer day camps in June for all levels of experience with lessons in riding, saddling and bridling, stable maintenance, breeds/colors, equine anatomy and safety.
- Barstow School Summer Camps (south Kansas City, MO) has a great variety of camps for all ages – baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, football, fencing, golf, gymnastics, rock-climbing and horsemanship.
- Bill Waris Blue Jays Basketball Camp (O’Hara High School) K-12 grades welcome, 816-536-9895
- Blue Valley Recreation (south Johnson County, KS) hosts many different camps all summer long for various age groups and sports. Check their online catalog for details.
- Blue Valley Soccer Club (south Johnson County, KS) will host recreation-level and premier-level soccer camps – for ages 5 through high school.
- Camp WIN (Kansas City, MO) put on by KC Sports Commission, whose mission is to empower girls and women through sports. WIN for KC offers a fun, safe and encouraging environment for the girls ages 6-12 to explore and learn these different activities.
- Challenger British Soccer Camps (multiple locations across the Kansas City metro area), through city and county parks and recreation department and private soccer clubs, holds TONS of camps for kids of all ages and skill levels. The instructors are excellent young British coaches with a high level of skill and patience
- Coach Rocky Lamar’s Fundamentally Driven Basketball Camp(Olathe, KS) is one of the most well-respected camps in the metro area. The camp is held in Olathe at the Mid-America Nazarene University. Camps are offered for boys, grades 1-10 and are coached by MNU’s basketball coaches and varsity players.
- Comets Summer Soccer Camps: The emphasis for these camps is on learning the techniques of soccer and to introduce the tactical components of the game. These camps offer a challenging training environment for young soccer players to enhance their skills.
- Dave’s Gymnastics Factory (Lee’s Summit, MO) offers a full day camp for ages 5 to 11, all summer long. Activities include not only gym time but also outdoor activities, arts and crafts and swimming.
- Eagles Gymnastics (south Kansas City, MO) has day camps with different themes each week. Each camp includes gymnastics and special activities related to the week’s theme. Boys and girls of all ages are welcome to get into the action at Eagles!
- Faulkner’s Ranch Pony Camps and Clinics (Lee’s Summit, MO) Your kids can learn what it’s like to take care of a pony at Faulkner’s Pony Camp! Kids will learn important equine skills and how to groom, feed and ride ponies during this fun week at the ranch. For children ages 5-10, with a maximum of 12 campers per session. Full day camp available 9am-3pm.
- Flip Zone (Lee’s Summit, MO) open gyms, birthdays, field trips, summer camps, swim lessons in the summer, rec classes, competitive gymnastics and cheer.
- First Tee of Greater Kansas City (many locations across the city) hosts junior golf camps at public courses to teach kids ages 5 and up golf skills and life skills. Classes and leagues are also available.
- Great American Gymnastics Express (GAGE Center) – Bump City Kids Club (Blue Springs, MO) offers week-long, full-day camps all summer long for ages 5 to 12. Activities include gymnastics, rock climbing, games, sports, swimming and more. Offering full time, part time and extended care.
- Heartland Fencing Academy (Lenexa, KS) will be holding introduction to fencing Spring Break and Summer camps for kids ages 7-13.
- Horsin’ Around at Midnight Farm Horsin’ Around is a horsemanship day camp for children ages 6-16 with or without special needs. Campers will learn riding skills, general horse knowledge and ground skills to help them become well-rounded riders. Camp will also include horse-themed crafts, games, pony parade and a horse show on the last day.
- i9 Sports Camps (Lenexa, KS) Multi-sport camps are designed to keep your kids safe, active, and educated in sports and life. Campers will get loads of instruction and game-play. Sports include flag football, soccer, basketball, and more!
- Integrity Gymnastics (Overland Park, KS): Offering team and recreational gymnastics for ALL ages. Choose from full or half day options, or a mix of both. Tons of fun daily and half-day themes to keep the kids moving and interested in activities.
Integrity Martial Arts Academy (Kansas City, MO, Overland Park, KS, Grandview, MO) offers an “active” and fun-filled summer day camp that is affordable and will enhance your child’s self-esteem, discipline and character.Beginners are welcome; no experience necessary! Activities include martial arts training by certified Black Belt instructors, challenging team work exercises, confidence building activities, anti-bullying training and street safety, organized recreational games, demonstrations, movies, yoga and much more.
- Jayhawk Baseball Camp: A variety of baseball camps and clinics throughout the year. Held at the KU field and run by the KU baseball coaching staff and players.
- JT Farms Horseback Riding Lessons (Polo, MO) teaches students how to be safe around horses, handle, groom and ride them. Program is two hours, $20/rider. JT Farms has 10 acres…enjoy the peace and quiet and nature! Please call 816-935-0509.
- Johnson County Community College (Overland Park, KS) offers camps for just about every sport you can think of – as well as before- and after-camp activities.
- Johnson County Park and Recreation District offers over 30 summer camp programs for ages 3-18. Included are camps focusing on recreation, sports, water activities and hiking! Dates, locations and fees vary.
- Kansas City Athletic Cheer – KCAC (Overland Park, KS) has hosted tumbling and stunt programs year-round for all ages.
- Kansas City Fencing Center (Overland Park, KS) offers introductory, recreational and competitive fencing camps for kids ages 7 and up. Dodgeball camp has been added for campers aged 8 – 16.
- Kansas Gymnastics & Cheer (Olathe, KS) has hosted summertime gymnastics camps (preschool and recreational) for ages 3 and up in the past. A full rotation around the gym along with arts/crafts activities and free time! Check back with their website or give them a call for details.
- Kansas Rush Soccer Club (Olathe, KS) will offer week-long soccer camps for kids ages 5 and up; recreational and competitive levels.
- KC Watersports (Paola/Hillsdale, KS) offers 1, 5, and 10-day camps for kids, full of water sports fun!
- Ko Martial Arts (Overland Park, KS) -KOMA is the largest martial arts school in Johnson County and they are hosting numerous summer camps! Register at thekoma.com.
- Lone Wolf Ranch and Arena Horse Camps (near Cleveland, MO) gives your equine-loving kids a chance to immerse themselves in all things horse-related. Basic Horsemanship Camp teaches beginning and intermediate riders everything from animal care to safe riding techniques.
- My Gym Children’s Fitness Center (south Overland Park, KS) Kids will participate in music, dance, story-time, games, relays and MY GYM activities! Weekly themes throughout the summer!
- Northland Youth Football Camp (Liberty, MO) hosts kids ages 5-14 for a four evening football camp at William Jewell College.
- Pembroke Hill Summer Camps (Kansas City, MO) offer a little bit of EVERYTHING including sports like basketball, mixed martial arts, climbing, soccer and volleyball.
- Pinnacle Gymnastics (Shawnee and Overland Park, KS)– Weekly themed summer camps for ages 5 and up with mini camps for ages 3 – 5 yrs.
- R&R Stables (Lee’s Summit, MO) offers a host of horse riding clinics and lessons throughout the year. Contact them at (816) 246-4001 for more information.
- Rockhurst High School (Kansas City, MO) hosts several different sports camps this summer. These include baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer and wrestling.
- Sagasu Family Martial Arts (Leavenworth KS) Offers a variety of lessons throughout the summer. No updates on summer camps to date, check back on their website soon.
- St. Teresa’s Academy Summer Camps (Kansas City, MO) offers basketball, volleyball, tennis, softball, dancing, lacrosse, soccer, and distance running instruction for girls in grades 4-9.
- St. Thomas Aquinas Summer Camps (Overland Park, KS) has grade school camps for baseball, basketball, football and wrestling (boys) and basketball, cheer, softball and volleyball (girls) for grades K-8.
- Tally Ho Equestrian Centre Horse Riding Camp (Leavenworth, KS) has week-long sessions throughout the summer for ages 5 and up.
- Tamashii Black Belt Academy (Lee’s Summit, MO) offers a year-round Karate program and a wide variety of camps that go well beyond martial arts! Tons of fun field trips and great hours for working parents
- TOUR Academy Junior Summer Golf Camps at Shoal Creek Golf Club (KCMO) offers overnight, full, and half-day camps for various skill levels. Campers receive great instruction, including golf fundamentals such as full swing mechanics, putting, and chipping. TOUR Academy focuses on good sportsmanship, integrity and other skills which can be applied both on and off the course.
- YMCA (20 locations in the metro) offers camps for 5-15 year olds and run all summer long. Bonus: before and after-camp care is available, as is financial assistance.
Be sure to also check the list of General Day and Overnight Camps, as many of those will have sports-related offerings as well!