Cannot believe that it’s already time to make plans for St. Patrick’s Day in Kansas City! I’ve taken my kids to the Brookside St. Patrick’s Day Warm-Up parade and to the Kansas City St. Patrick’s Day Parade over the years – and both are terrific. From everything I’ve heard and read, all of the Kansas City area St. Patrick’s Day parades and celebrations are very well done and family-friendly. Can’t lose regardless of which one you pick!
- Martin City Irishpalooza, 11am to 4pm (Parade at 2pm). Tons of great family activities and food as well as a parade.
- Shawnee St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Shawnee KS – 1pm
Sunday, March 10, 2013
- Snake Saturday Parade, North Kansas City, MO – 10am to 3pm
- Brookside St. Patrick’s Day Warm-Up Parade, KCMO. 2pm
- Emerald Isle St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Lee’s Summit, MO – 12pm
- Belton St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Belton, MO – 5pm
Saturday, March 16, 2013
- Kansas City St. Patrick’s Day Parade, 11am. Begins at 33rd/Linwood and Broadway and runs south on Broadway to Westport. (Family-friendlier end of the parade route is definitely the north end, nearer to Redemptorist Church. The closer the parade gets to Westport, it’s, well, closer to Westport…)
- Head to Browne’s Irish Market at 33rd & Pennsylvania after the Parade for lunch and a great children’s play area!
- Leavenworth KS St. Patrick’s Day Parade – 1pm to 3pm