Kansas City’s first snowfall is here! Get out to the garage and clean up your sleds – then check out one of Kansas City’s best sledding hills. We’ve compiled a partial list but feel free to add your favorites in the Comments section below.
- “Suicide Hill” (KCMO) –56th and Brookside, Brookside Park
- Gillham Park (Kansas City, MO)
- Avila University (KCMO) – 119th and Wornall
- Water Works Park (Northland) – North Oak, just north of Burlington in North Kansas City – multiple hills here!
- William Jewell College (Liberty, MO)
- William Landahl Park Reserve (north side of park) (Blue Springs, MO)
- Ward Park (Blue Springs, MO) – SW 22nd St. off of 40 Highway
- High Grove Elementary School (Grandview, MO)
- Belvidere Park (Grandview, MO) – 6509 E. 147th
- Meadowmere Park (Grandview, MO) – 13610 Byars
- “Mad Dog Hill” (Belton, MO) – 155th & Westover
- Glendale Elementary School, Lee’s Summit Road (Independence) – a good slope for smaller kids
- McCoy Park (Independence) – 24 Highway
- Hill across from Lea McKeighan Park (Lee’s Summit, MO) – 120 NE Chipman
- 119th & Kansas City Road (Olathe, KS)
- 137th and BlackBob (Olathe, KS) – just south of Lowe’s
- I-435 between Antioch and Metcalf (Overland Park, KS) by Cleveland Chiropractic College (formerly the Farmer’s Insurance building) – get there via College Blvd.
- Grace Church (Overland Park, KS) – 159th & Antioch
- Wyandotte County Lake Park (Kansas City, KS)
- Shawnee Mission Park (Lenexa/Shawnee, KS)
- Stump Park (Shawnee, KS) – 47th & Woodland
NOTE: Not all of these locations – though popular – are public property. It is always a good idea to seek permission before sledding on private property. Be careful and watch out for your kids! Sledding is super fun but can certainly be a bit dangerous.
Where are YOUR favorite sledding hills, KC Kids Fun readers?